For more than two decades the Northeast Sporting Clays Championship hosted by Baron Technology has provided area shooters a fun-filled day of competition, prizes and great food, all while benefitting a non-profit conservation group. This year, as it has for the past three years, the Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation will receive the generous support of the long-standing shoot that will take place at Mid-Hudson Sporting Clays in New Paltz, New York.
With the support of the numerous shooters, Baron Technology and platinum sponsor, and major Sportsmen’s Alliance backer, National Shooting Sports Foundation, the Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation will bolster two key initiatives.
Those initiatives include the Trailblazer Adventure Program and Sportsmen’s Legal Defense Fund. Trailblazer is one of the most successful youth programs in the wildlife conservation space. Since the program’s inception in 2001, the Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation has introduced millions of youth and their families to the outdoor heritages of hunting, fishing, trapping and the shooting sports.
An exciting new aspect of Trailblazer is the development of a complete Learn to Hunt Program. Launching this year, the Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation’s Learn to Hunt Program creates a full-circle hunting program option. Open to both youth and adults, the program curriculum guides participants through a multi-day experience, delivering knowledge and insights that build as the program advances, providing participants with little-to-no-hunting background the necessary steps to go afield safely and confidently.
The Sportsmen’s Legal Defense Fund protects the interests of hunters, anglers, trappers and recreational shooters in the state and federal court systems. Victories directly attributed to the Sportsmen’s Legal Defense Fund include:
- Defeating challenges to Hunter Harassment Laws (which the Sportsmen’s Alliance helped to originally create).
- Intervening in lawsuits challenging state wildlife agencies’ regulation of hunting seasons and management of wildlife.
- Eliminating the threat to close 100 million acres of public land open to hunting within the National Wildlife Refuge System.
Participating shooters receive a 100-round sporting clays shoot at one of the best facilities in the country, a complimentary Sportsmen’s Alliance membership, a delicious lunch, courtesy eye and ear protection, plus the chance to win dozens of guns and prizes donated by SIG SAUER, Colt, Henry, Mossberg, TALO Distributors and Stone River Outdoors.
- When: Saturday, June 23, 2018
Registration: 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Shotgun start: 10:00 a.m.
Lunch: 1:30 p.m. (upon completion)
Awards/raffle/door prize drawing: 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Mid-Hudson Sporting Clays
411 North Ohioville Road, New Paltz, New York, 12561
- Who: Hosted by Baron Technology and presented by National Shooting Sports Foundation to benefit the Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation.
- What: 100-round sporting clays shoot
- Conservation Sponsorship – $1000 (5 shooters, 5 sportsmen’s Alliance memberships, 1 station sponsor sign)
- Corporate Sponsorship – $600 (5 shooters, 5 sportsmen’s Alliance memberships)
- Individual Fee – $120 (1 shooter/1 membership)
- “Sponsor a youth” – $100 (1 youth shooter spot 17 years and under)
- Golf cart rental – $50 (reservation required)
- More information: For cart reservations and course questions, contact Mid-Hudson Sporting Clays (845-255-7460; firstname.lastname@example.org). For shooter reservation and sponsorship questions, contact the Sportsmen’s Alliance (614-888-4868; email@example.com). To register online, visit the Sportsmen’s Alliance events website: http://sportsmensalliance.org/northeastclays/
About the Sportsmen’s Alliance: The Sportsmen’s Alliance protects and defends America’s wildlife conservation programs and the pursuits – hunting, fishing and trapping – that generate the money to pay for them. Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation is responsible for public education, legal defense and research. Its mission is accomplished through several distinct programs coordinated to provide the most complete defense capability possible. Stay connected to Sportsmen’s Alliance: Online, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.